Connect with us

Entertainment

Princess Anne reveals she is ‘deeply saddened’ to miss out on First World War commemoration event in Canada as she continues to recover after being ‘hit on the head by a horse’

Published

on

Princess Anne reveals she is 'deeply saddened' to miss out on First World War commemoration event in Canada as she continues to recover after being 'hit on the head by a horse'

 

Princess Anne today said she was ‘deeply saddened’ to miss out on the First World War commemoration event in Canada as she continues to recover after being struck by a horse.

 

Princess Anne reveals she is 'deeply saddened' to miss out on First World War commemoration event in Canada as she continues to recover after being 'hit on the head by a horse'

The 73-year-old Princess Royal suffered concussion and head injuries when she was hurt at her Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire more than a week ago.

The King’s sister is now recuperating at her Gatcombe Park home following a five-night hospital stay after she was believed to have been struck by the animal while out walking on June 23.

Anne was due to travel to Canada for an overseas tour on Sunday, but is now away from public engagements until her medical team recommends it is safe and comfortable for her to resume official duties.

The princess said she was ‘deeply saddened that I’m unable to join you’ in remarks read out on her behalf by Canada’s governor general Mary Simon in St John’s, Newfoundland.

The ceremony on July 1 – Canada Day – saw the repatriation of the remains of an unknown Newfoundland First World War soldier from the battlefields of northern France.

The King’s sister praised the ‘brave efforts and sacrifices’ of the soldiers who fought on the first day of the Battle of the Somme in 1916, one of the war’s largest and bloodiest offensives.

This year also marks the 100th anniversary of the Newfoundland National War Memorial – where the unknown soldier’s remains were being laid to rest, entombed on the plateau of the memorial.

Anne is Colonel-in-Chief of the Royal Newfoundland Regiment and president of the Commonwealth War Graves Commission.

The princess, who left hospital on Friday, said in her first publicly-released message since her accident: ‘It is with deep regret that I am unable to be with you today, as you commemorate the brave efforts and sacrifices of the members of the Newfoundland Regiment who went into battle on the first day of the Somme.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Danny Elfman Sued for Defamation by Composer Nomi Abadi After She Previously Accused Him of Sexual Harassment
Entertainment50 mins ago

Danny Elfman Sued for Defamation by Composer Nomi Abadi After She Previously Accused Him of Sexual Harassment

Nicolas Cage’s Son Weston Arrested on Charges of Assault with a Deadly Weapon After Incident with Mom Christina Fulton, undergo a private check up and discovered he has been on fentanyl... SEE MORE
CELEBRITY1 hour ago

Nicolas Cage’s Son Weston Arrested on Charges of Assault with a Deadly Weapon After Incident with Mom Christina Fulton, undergo a private check up and discovered he has been on fentanyl… SEE MORE

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Update News: Kevin Costner Refused to be on the Same Stage with Whoopi Goldberg at the Oscars Published 1 day ago on July

WHAT!? Elon Musk is planning to own ABC to cancel ‘The View’? Full story in comments! 👇
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

WHAT!? Elon Musk is planning to own ABC to cancel ‘The View’? Full story in comments! 👇

Breaking News: ABC Signs Tucker Carlson To Replace Jimmy Kimmel With A $400 Million Late-Night Show Deal…
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Breaking News: ABC Signs Tucker Carlson To Replace Jimmy Kimmel With A $400 Million Late-Night Show Deal…

Continues love story with Taylor Swift by making declaration: Travis Kelce’s hand placement is its own romance trope and I will die on this hill, claiming he’s the “happiest I’ve ever been” after a big 12 months.
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Continues love story with Taylor Swift by making declaration: Travis Kelce’s hand placement is its own romance trope and I will die on this hill, claiming he’s the “happiest I’ve ever been” after a big 12 months.

WATCH: Emotional moment as Travis Kelce says in an interview “Taylor Swift Made me a Different Man”…watch Taylor Swift blushing and proud of herself… See more
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

WATCH: Emotional moment as Travis Kelce says in an interview “Taylor Swift Made me a Different Man”…watch Taylor Swift blushing and proud of herself… See more

BREAKING: The WNBA has agreed to $2.2 billion in new media rights deals with ESPN, Amazon, & NBC over the next 11 years. The deal will quadruple the league’s revenue. Amazing news for the WNBA to keep moving forward!
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

BREAKING: The WNBA has agreed to $2.2 billion in new media rights deals with ESPN, Amazon, & NBC over the next 11 years. The deal will quadruple the league’s revenue. Amazing news for the WNBA to keep moving forward!

Kyle Richards' Husband Mauricio Umansky Kisses Blonde Woman in Greece just few days after wife announced parting ways, an inside source reveals he has been seeing the blonde woman for a while and has resulted to the couples parting ways... MORE INFO BELOW
CELEBRITY4 hours ago

Kyle Richards’ Husband Mauricio Umansky Kisses Blonde Woman in Greece just few days after wife announced parting ways, an inside source reveals he has been seeing the blonde woman for a while and has resulted to the couples parting ways… MORE INFO BELOW

BREAKING NEWS: Kate Middleton the Princess of Wales broke silence and responded to Meghan Markle's recent attempts to..... See More
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS: Kate Middleton the Princess of Wales broke silence and responded to Meghan Markle’s recent attempts to….. See More

Alec Baldwin burst into tears as the judge in his Rust case dropped the involuntary manslaughter charge against him, after his defense attorneys argued the prosecutors had buried evidence.
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Alec Baldwin burst into tears as the judge in his Rust case dropped the involuntary manslaughter charge against him, after his defense attorneys argued the prosecutors had buried evidence.

Kevin Hart Sued by Former Friend Jonathan ‘J.T.’ Jackson for Breach of Settlement Following Extortion Case
CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Kevin Hart Sued by Former Friend Jonathan ‘J.T.’ Jackson for Breach of Settlement Following Extortion Case

Copyright © 2024 Newscially