Sabrina Carpenter Says She’s Attracted to ‘Humor and Energy and Being Genuine’ amid Barry Keoghan Romance

Sabrina Carpenter Says She's Attracted to 'Humor and Energy and Being Genuine' amid Barry Keoghan Romance

“I want to be with someone who’s going to be one of my best friends,” the pop star says about dating

Sabrina Carpenter has revealed what she looks for in the dating market.

In a new interview with Cosmopolitan UK, on newsstand Tuesday, the “Espresso” singer opened up about her romantic life. The singer discussed what draws her to a partner and her approach to dating, which she describes as “fun” and “messy.”

“Contrary to popular opinion, I don’t think I have a type,” Carpenter, 25, told the magazine. “But the internet loves to just put pictures next to each other of men who have the same hair color.”

The pop star continued to say she’s “super attracted” to romantic interests who have the same qualities as her friends. “I want to be with someone who’s going to be one of my best friends. So a lot of it is energy and humour and being genuine. I will say I’ve always connected more with people who are really in touch with their emotions,” Carpenter added.

The “Nonsense” singer is currently dating Irish actor Barry Keoghan, 31, whom she has been linked to since late 2023. The couple confirmed their relationship in February when they were spotted sharing a kiss after leaving a hotel in Los Angeles.

Carpenter and Keoghan made their red carpet debut at the Vanity Fair Oscars afterparty, followed by an appearance at the Met Gala where the Boy Meets World alum wore a black and blue dress.

They celebrated Carpenter’s birthday together in Brooklyn with a party at DUMBO House that saw roughly 100 guests.

Carpenter also chatted with Cosmopolitan UK about her approach to dating, saying “a lot of it, for me, has been fate.” She continued, “I know that’s super broad, but I don’t actively look for it. The relationships that I actually want to put my energy into have to be so interesting or invigorating because they take me away from the other things I love.”

Travis Kelce, Chiefs Tight End, Expresses his Desire and passion to continue Playing Football "Until the Wheels Come Off"

Travis Kelce, Chiefs Tight End, Expresses his Desire and passion to continue Playing Football “Until the Wheels Come Off”

Where did Taylor Swift dine with her London Squad? Argentinian bistro Casa Cruz is an A-list and royal favourite - but found itself in hot water when it hosted Rita Ora's lockdown-breaking 30th birthday bash

Where did Taylor Swift dine with her London Squad? Argentinian bistro Casa Cruz is an A-list and royal favourite – but found itself in hot water when it hosted Rita Ora’s lockdown-breaking 30th birthday bash

Travis Kelce plans to follow Tom Brady into NFL broadcasting when he retires after legendary quarterback struck $375MILLION Fox deal

Travis Kelce will win an award 'by a f***ing landslide' thanks to support from Swifties, insists brother Jason

Travis Kelce will win an award ‘by a f***ing landslide’ thanks to support from Swifties, insists brother Jason

Adorable moment Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes make young cancer survivor's day... as superstar Chiefs pair pose for photos - and sign a shirt hailing 'Taylor Swift's boyfriend'

Adorable moment Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes make young cancer survivor’s day… as superstar Chiefs pair pose for photos – and sign a shirt hailing ‘Taylor Swift’s boyfriend’

Travis Kelce teases Kansas City Chiefs' latest Super Bowl ring in new video ahead of unveiling ceremony TONIGHT

Travis Kelce teases Kansas City Chiefs’ latest Super Bowl ring in new video ahead of unveiling ceremony TONIGHT

Taylor Swift's The Tortured Poets Department remains in top spot on Billboard 200 albums chart for SEVENTH week in a row

Taylor Swift’s The Tortured Poets Department remains in top spot on Billboard 200 albums chart for SEVENTH week in a row

I took a crash course in Taylor Swift studies… but nothing could have prepared me for her brilliance

'There weren't a lot of people with nice things to say about her': Woman who 'went to high school with Taylor Swift' claims jealous fellow students 'HATED' the singer - and were left furious after she penned songs about local guys

‘There weren’t a lot of people with nice things to say about her’: Woman who ‘went to high school with Taylor Swift’ claims jealous fellow students ‘HATED’ the singer – and were left furious after she penned songs about local guys

Jason Kelce doesn't think his brother Travis can be a 'normal person' amid Taylor Swift's 'crazy' level of fame

Jason Kelce doesn’t think his brother Travis can be a ‘normal person’ amid Taylor Swift’s ‘crazy’ level of fame

I started having contractions at a Taylor Swift gig but I was having so much fun I danced through the pain

Marriage proposals, singing heard for miles and sign language for deaf fans: The heartwarming moments from Taylor Swift's record-breaking visit to Edinburgh

Marriage proposals, singing heard for miles and sign language for deaf fans: The heartwarming moments from Taylor Swift’s record-breaking visit to Edinburgh